Yesterday I received my contract from Universidade de Aveiro (in Portuguese and English) and some accompanying paperwork, right after I arrived in DC. Today I shipped off all of the documents to the consulate in New York for processing; the latest estimate is that it will all take 3 weeks before I receive the visa and am ready to depart. My plan is to check in with the consulate's office in several days and try and get an estimate and then book a ticket. My guess at this point is that I'll be leaving at the end of March or first thing in April.
My apartment (in Portugal) is still waiting for me and everyone at the University has been kind and accommodating (and slowish). It was fun to read the description of my position on the contract. One of the bullet points was literally the title of my Master's thesis--Glad to know I'm qualified. Also, I learned that I'll be working 35 hours/week. Hellooo Europe.
Meanwhile, I will be continuing to enjoy the company of my Aunt Wendy and Uncle Jonas and many friends in DC. I'm picking up some fun freelance work involving designing fun things for KONST and HUSBAND parties. This weekend I'm heading to their mountain house (fantastic company included) at Canaan Valley in West Virginia. Photos to follow.
Thank you, Mr. Bradley Butterfield, for turning me on to Dopplr. More about my travels here.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Jeliss.
ReplyDeleteParkcyde: Mexico looked fantastic. Is Boston still blustery?
ReplyDeleteTall E,
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to see you are in enjoying your time stateside inspite of all the delays
Sry I missed seeing you off :-(
Can't wait to hear more about your constant adventure of LIFE.
-Short E