I'm all booked. I leave the evening of Wednesday, April 15. (Insert bad joke about soon-to-be ex-pat leaving on Tax day.) I will arrive in Amsterdam early Thursday morning and have a 7.5 hour layover which should allow for mini day trip. I mean, I'll be in the neighborhood. With my flight down to Porto, subway to the train and train to Aveiro, I plan to arrive in my new city about 6:30pm Thursday evening, April 16. (That's 1:30pm EST.)
I think the timing will work well. I'll have Friday to check out my new office, the University, fill out any first day paperwork, etc. Then, I'll have the weekend to explore and get to know my new home.
It looks as though I'll have a full-time job for the next week, which means my new mac will be much more affordable.
T - 11 days.
Saturday, April 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Congrats!! I'm so excited for you :) Happy Cherry Blossoms.
ReplyDeletewoot woot - everything as it should be - lovely exploring options even as you journey to your new city.
ReplyDelete